Sunday, January 4, 2015

Running Review of 2014

Last year was probably one of the biggest running years I've ever had.  I ran a bunch of miles, ran a bunch of races, and had fun smiling along the way.  It was also a year in which I learned a lot.  Here is a quick rundown of 2014.

  • I started off the year by running the Dopey Challenge at Disney.  This was the inaugural year of the Dopey Challenge in which we ran a 5k on Thursday, 10k on Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, and Marathon on Sunday.  It was a great experience and a lot of fun to do with my dad.  I even did the Mickey Mile with the kids, so I got an extra mile in those 4 days! :-)
  • In February I ran the Thrill in the Hills Marathon at Ft. Yargo for the second time.  This was not a good day for me.  I ended up getting sick and not having a great day, but I still pushed through and finished.
  • In March I ran three 5k races in less than 24hrs, and was able to improve my time with each race.  I even got a third, second, and first in age group awards!
  • In April I ran the Chick-fil-a Half Marathon in Athens and was able to set a new PR for the half marathon with a time of 1:41:20.
  • In May I ran my second 50k, the Oconee 50k, in Mountain Rest, SC.  I set a new PR in the 50k with a time of 5:47:09. (Race Report)
  • In August I ran the Dirty Spokes Red Top Roaster 9.9.
  • In September I ran the Dirty Spokes Hard Labor Creek 7.5 in the morning and then ran the Titan Twilight 5k in the evening.
  • In November I ran the Tortoise and the Hare 50k.  In this race I finished 12th overall and 1st in my age group. (Race Report)
  • I also have been working my way through at 50 mile race training plan since September.
  • In 2014 I set a goal to run 1,000 miles and ended up running 1,208 miles for the year.
Overall it was a great 2014!  I ran a lot, set some new PR's, exceeded some goals, stayed injury free, and made some new friends.  Looking forward to what 2015 is going to bring!

How did your year go?

No comments:

Post a Comment