Friday, October 31, 2014

10 Weeks Away

This week marks week 8 in my 18 week training plan for the Cloudland Canyon 50 miler in January.  Can't believe that it's only 10 weeks till I'll be standing at the starting line!  Things have been going really well, and I've been putting in a lot of miles the past few weeks.  Last week I hit the highest weekly mileage I've ever done putting in 56 miles!

I have been able to begin to split more of my time between the road and trail miles.  I usually try and get to the trails for my long runs, I run with a headlamp on some early road miles in the mornings, and try to get a few more trail miles in throughout the week.  I know that I am going to need to get some dark trail miles, and I plan on taking advantage of the time change over the next few weeks.

One thing that I think has helped to give me motivation is that I signed up for the Tortoise and the Hare 50k.  This is a unique race that I'm looking forward to writing about after the run.  I will be using this 50k as a part of my training plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment