Friday, January 29, 2016

Not Quite 40 - 40 Mile Run

For the past few years I have tried to find a way to celebrate my birthday (month) by doing something that will stretch me and challenge me.
  • In 2013 I ran 36 laps around a local track to celebrate my 36th birthday. 
  • In 2014 I ran the Inaugural Dopey Challenge at Disney. Four races in four days. Starting with a 5k and going all the way up to a full marathon. 
  • In 2015 I ran my first 50 mile race the Cloudland Canyon 50 mile run put on by RunBum Tours.

This year is no different as I decided to create my own challenge to celebrate my 39th Birthday by running 40 miles at a local park. I have decided to call the event Adam's Not Quite 40 - 40 Mile Run!

The Challenge:
On January, 30th I will be running a 2 mile paved loop around Veterans Park in Watkinsville, GA. Each loop I will be stopping by my car to mark off a count sheet to mark my progress. I will need to make 20 laps around the park to run 40 miles.

I have a friend, Ross, who is planning on doing the whole challenge with me, and there are other friends who are planning on coming out to run 1 or 2 laps with me. This will also be a kind of training run for Ross and me as we are both signed up for the Georgia Death Race in March. 

Only a crazy ultra runner celebrates his birthday by running really far, but it's a way to make your birthday memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment